logback-access and %I for thread name

Wolfey
Hi,

I would like to migrate from

org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve with pattern

%h %l %u %t '%r' %s %b %I %D

ch.qos.logback.access.tomcat.LogbackValve.

I couldn't find support for %I for logging the thread name in logback-access. Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Regards,

Wolfey

Re: logback-access and %I for thread name

diroussel
Looking at ch.qos.logback.access.PatternLayout, which defines all the default pattern converters, there doesn't seem to be any mention of thread.

Why do you want to log the thread name?

Re: logback-access and %I for thread name

Wolfey
Hi,

our application info and error log also log the executing thread's name which is set to something meaningful in the application. This way we can track incoming requests and match the info log output with the request from the access log.

Wolfey